The Camelback Studio Tour and Art Sale returns for an eighth year from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Nov. 4-6 with artist studio tours scheduled daily in the Sherwood Heights neighborhood in Scottsdale.
The Camelback Studio Tour and Art Sale will kick off the holiday shopping season with special works of art available for sale and ready as gifts, according to a press release stating that 25 local artists, in six different home studios, will be showcased during the art sale, in addition to free, self-guided tours.
Local artists Vickie Morrow and Lynn Gustafson, both residents of the neighborhood where the Camelback Studio Tour and Art Sale will take place, host the tour as part of the South Scottsdale Art Alliance.
“Over the past eight years we have watched our studio tour grow by attracting even more local artists and this year is no exception. The artwork is incredible and the homes are a combination of mid-century design, many with renovations and several have simply stunning views. It makes for a very memorable experience for all of our shoppers,” said Ms. Morrow in a prepared statement.
Attendees are encouraged to start at any of the six studios listed below and enjoy the experience as a walking, driving or biking tour. Go to camelbackstudios.com for a printable map and more details.
Featured artists’ works on the tour will include:
Studio 1: 5840 E. Windsor
- Vickie Morrow, Pottery and Assemblage
- Pam Harrison, Clay Art and Jewelry
- Kitty Hester, Felt and Jewelry
- Mary Mauritzen, Jewelry
- Linda Pacheco, Assemblage Ceramics
Studio 2: 2642 N. 58th Place
- Mark Obermayer, Metal Art and Ceramics
- Suzanne Brown, Jewelry
- Julie Carpenter, Mixed Media
- Michele Carroll, Hand-built Ceramics and Sculpture
- Rita Chester, Fiber-Art Quilts, Bowls and Bags
- Valerie Hildebrand, Batik
Studio 3: 5702 E. Wilshire Drive
- Lynn Gustafson, Fused Glass
- Anita Farrah, Lampwork Glass and Silver Jewelry
- Abe Haight, Fused Glass
- Jane Husted, Ceramics, Mosaics and Garden Art
- Anne Mello, Fused Glass
- Margaret Sullivan, Gourd Art and Mixed Media
- Karen Stecker, 3-D Goddess Sculpture
Studio 4: 5601 E. Lewis Ave.
- Susanne Moore, Acrylic Paintings
- Judith Amiel-Bendheim, Ceramics and Jewelry
- Linda Cares, Watercolor Paintings and Sculptures
Studio 5: 5628 E. Vernon Ave.
- Allison Shock, Hand-built Clay Sculptures
- Julie Gilbert, Silver Jewelry
- Victoria Monize, Oil Painting and Mixed Media
Studio 6: 5454 East Vernon Ave.
- Bernard Nienaber, Watercolor and Acrylic Paintings
The Scottsdale Independent is available for free every Wednesday.