The 15-time winner of the New Times “Best Pizza in Phoenix” has partnered with United Blood Services to make sure patients across Arizona have the lifesaving blood transfusions they need this holiday season.
Since blood has a shelf life of 42 days, donors will help save patients throughout the most challenging time of the year to maintain our state’s blood supply.
To make an appointment to “Find the Hero in You,” call 1-877-UBS-HERO (1-877-827-4376) or visit www.BloodHero.com and enter your city or Zip Code.
Holiday blood donors help kids like Mia, an Arizona 12-year-old who depends upon blood donors to provide lifesaving transfusions every month – a need that is expected to continue the rest of her life.
She was born with Diamond Blackfan Anemia, a rare disorder that prevents her body from producing red blood cells.
“Mia is alive today because of people who donate blood,” said her mom, Kristi. “Our family is beyond thankful to everyone who takes the time to simply donate blood.” Mia has already relied on the generosity of more than 115 blood donors.
Click here for a special holiday message from Mia.
“As a business that is headquartered and has been operating in Arizona for 37 years, we feel that it’s our responsibility to help those who are need,” said Lorrie Glaeser, owner of Streets of New York.
“Part of our commitment to quality is giving back to the communities in which our team members and customers live and work. We are pleased to reward donors who save lives with a delicious pizza from Streets of New York to enjoy with their friends and family.”
In Scottsdale, residents can donate blood at the following locations:
- Scottsdale Donor Center, 15170 N. Hayden Road, No. 6, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday; 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday and 7 a.m.-2 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- La Casa de Cristo Fellowship Hall, 6300 E. Bell Road, 7:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Dec. 7.
- Bloodmobile at Concord, 4150 N. Drinkwater Blvd., 8 a.m.-noon Dec. 9.
- Bloodmobile, Quicken Loans, 16425 N. Pima Road, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Dec. 9.
- Bloodmobile, Discount Tire, 20225 N. Scottsdale Road, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Dec. 10.
- Portales Corporate Center, 4800 N. Scottsdale Road, G2 Theater, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 11.
- Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church, 11300 N. 64th St., 7:30 a.m.-noon Dec. 14.
- Franciscan Renewal Center, 5802 E. Lincoln Drive, 8 a.m.-12:45 p.m. Dec. 14.
- Mayo Clinic, 13400 E. Shea Blvd., MCB CP34 A&B, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 16.
- Blood Systems, 6220 E. Oak St., Taliesen Room, 8 a.m.-noon Dec. 18.
- Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain Resort, 5700 E. McDonald Drive, Paradise Valley, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec. 8.
United Blood Services has been Arizona’s non-profit community blood provider since 1943 and serves patients in nearly 60 Arizona hospitals. The UBS network is one of the nation’s oldest and largest non-profit blood service organizations, and is a founding member of America’s Blood Centers and the American Association of Blood Banks.
Streets of New York is a family-owned restaurant group which started with a single Phoenix location in 1976. Now boasting 22 Phoenix-area restaurants, as well as locations in Prescott, Prescott Valley and Las Vegas, Streets of New York has built its reputation on consistently serving food prepared with the highest quality and freshest ingredients.
The Scottsdale Independent is available for free every Wednesday.