The Scottsdale Fire Department Mobile Integrated Health Care Program is to be honored at the biannual Desert Peaks Awards for its public-private partnership.
The Maricopa Association of Governments will honor those who have contributed to regional excellence during a special ceremony at 6 p.m. on June 22 at the Phoenix Airport Marriott, 1101 N. 44th Street.
The Desert Peaks are presented to those agencies and individuals who have demonstrated a commitment to promoting, recognizing, and attaining the ideals of regionalism, according to a press release.
More than 200 people, including elected officials and business leaders, are expected to attend the ceremony.
Apache Junction Vice Mayor Robin Barker was selected to receive the region’s highest honor for Regional Excellence. Her advocacy for victims as chair of the MAG Regional Domestic Violence will be noted during the awards presentation.
Individual awards also will be presented to three Outstanding Economic Development Champions, including Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton, Cónsul General of Mexico in Phoenix Roberto Rodriguez Hernández, and Fedelta Partners Managing Member Carol Colombo. Retiring Maricopa County Tom Manos will receive the Desert Peaks Award for professional service.
All recipients are listed in the table below. More information about each is available on request.
2016 Desert Peak Awards Recipients:
- Public Partnership: Smart Justice (Maricopa County)
- Public-Private Partnership: Buckeye Community Paramedicine Pilot Program; and Scottsdale Fire Department Mobile Integrated Health Care Program
- Professional Service: Mr. Tom Manos, Retired County Manager, Maricopa County
- Regional Partnership: Valley Metro Regional Paratransit Plan Update
- Outstanding Economic Development Champion: Mayor Greg Stanton, city of Phoenix; Roberto Rodriguez Hernández, Cónsul General of Mexico in Phoenix; and Carol Colombo, Fedelta Partners
- Regional Excellence: Vice mayor Robin Barker, city of Apache Junction.
Costs for the event are being offset through sponsorships. The gold sponsor is Arizona State University; silver sponsors include MJ Insurance, Inc. and Parsons; bronze sponsors include Alliance Bank of Arizona; Burgess & Niple, Inc.; Dickinson-Wright PLLC; HDR Engineering, Inc.; Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc.; Salt River Project; TerraSystems Southwest, Inc.; Triadvocates LLC; Wells Fargo Bank, N. A., and Wilson & Company, Inc.
Recipients were selected by a distinguished panel of judges who represent diverse interests from throughout the Valley. The judging panel for the 2016 Desert Peaks Awards included Kent Cooper, former city manager of the town of Gilbert; Congressman Ed Pastor, former US Representative; Kristi Sandvik, Ed.D, superintendent of the Buckeye Elementary School District; and Shannon Scutari, president of Scutari & Co., LLC, according to the release.
The Scottsdale Independent is available for free every Wednesday.