Art lovers can get a global perspective right in their backyard 6:30-9:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 7, as the Scottsdale Gallery Association presents International ArtWalk – a celebration of fine artworks represented in Scottsdale galleries, with artists and images from around the world.
ArtWalk will host a series of presentations of topics from a global perspective. Enjoy art in the cool surroundings of the galleries and after sundown, cool off on the ArtWalk Line while enjoying live street music throughout the venue.
On display throughout the ArtWalk will be ornate authentic Asian lanterns from the city of Jinju, South Korea for the Jinju Namgang Yudeung (lantern) Festival, which is a World Heritage Festival.
Here are some of the other special events planned for the International ArtWalk:
- Gallery Russia: Latvian-born painter, Larisa Aukon, will conduct one of her popular in-gallery painting demonstrations during which onlookers are encouraged to ask Larisa about life as a fine artist in the former Soviet Union, including her time at the prestigious National Academy of Art in Riga, Latvia. Bulgarian-born painter Martin Dimitrov will also be painting live in the gallery.
- The gallery will host a unique exhibition of carefully selected works from its warehouse called “Forty on the Floor under $1,000.” This exhibition combines the best of a fine art gallery, a working studio and an interactive warehouse. Beyond the unusual exhibition of works on the floor, other paintings will be displayed from artists hailing from over 10 countries, including the U.S., former Soviet Republics, China, Mongolia, Mexico and Scotland. Various Russian sweets and Kvas Soda will be served.
- Calvin Charles Gallery: Exhibiting works from 6:30-9:30 p.m. by Vietnamese artists Pham Luan, Dinh Thi Tham Poong and Hong Viet Dung. Authentic lanterns from South Korea’s Jinju Namgang Yudeung Festival will also be displayed at the gallery and throughout the arts district. A self-taught artist, Pham Luan’s eloquent oil on canvas paintings are inspired by scenes of everyday life in his hometown of Hanoi, Vietnam. Wine and hors d’oeuvres will be served.
- Legacy Gallery: Inviting ArtWalkers to travel the world from China to Slovakia, Italy and Great Britain with their international gallery artists.
- T.H. Brennen Fine Art: Featuring works from Italian, French, Russian, Croatian, German, Austrian, Brazilian, Chinese, Peruvian and Danish artists.
- Tilt Gallery: Celebrating opening of “Infinite Possibility, Art of Tomorrow” in which artworks from national and international artists will be exhibited.
- The Signature Gallery: Manuel Avendano, originally from Mexico, exhibits his newest collection “Mundo Viejo” –impressions inspired from his recent travels to Europe and the Old World.
- Amery Bohling Fine Art: Discover the world through an artist’s eyes as paintings from the Bohling’s travels will be featured.
- Andre Kohn Fine Art: Impressional, figurative, contemporary oils, Russian art, sculpture, drawings and landscapes by Andre Kohn
- French Designer Jeweler: Work from German goldsmith Peter Schmid of Atelier Zobel, internationally recognized for his one-of-a-kind patterned 22K and 24K gold-fused, over-oxidized sterling silver jewelry.
- Pejman Gallery: Pejman offers works by internationally recognized artist Bob Pejman, known for his paintings of European vistas and cityscapes.
- Carstens Fine Art: Abstract paintings by Romanian artist Amelia Miholca and traditional embroidered Romanian blouses by Miholca’s grandmother still living in Romania.
The Scottsdale Independent is available for free every Wednesday.