MASK (Mothers Awareness on School-age Kids), knows there are many moms in the community who are making a difference in the lives of children and families every day, and many of these mother will be honored at the organization’s fourth annual Unity Luncheon.
On Thursday, April 2, MASK will honor and recognize 24 inspiring women at its fourth annual “Moms Making a Difference” Unity Award Luncheon to be held at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess. The deserving nominees not only engage and empower their own families, but they go above and beyond to empower others as well.
Catherine Anaya, anchor of CBS 5 News, will emcee the empowering lunch, featuring guest speaker and 2014 Unity Award recipient Lorraine Tallman of Comfycozy’s for Chemo.
This year’s honorees:
- Tara Adams – Foster Mom/US Army
- Venita Ballard – PV Young Lives
- Dr. Melissa Flint – MISS Foundation
- Chrisie Funari – AZ Cancer Foundation for Children
- Ginna Goodenow – Kicking for Kids Who Can’t
- Meredith Hawkins – GIVE: Girls Who Inspire
- Lynaia Hoogewerf – Desert Valley Wellness Medical Group
- Kresta Horn – UMOM New Day Centers
- Dr. Lisa Jaacks – Banner Thunderbird “Keepin it Real”
- Erin Kalin – Recording Artist, Inspirational Speaker
- Krystal Koons – North Star Youth Partnership
- Julie Moreno – Jewels Bakery and Cafe
- Debra Murrow – The Inspiration Gallery
- Dena Patton – Girls Rule Foundation
- Karen Perry – 3 Wings of Life
- Jarrett Ransom – ReAwaken
- Tiffany Rust – Camp Soaring Eagle
- Valerie Spata – 1n3 LLC/Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Marcia Stanton – Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Nicole Stanton – Stop Bullying AZ
- Dr. Lisa Strohman – Technology Wellness Center
- Julie Sullivan – Tomorrow’s Winners
- Dawn Valdivia – Make-a-Wish
- Sunny Wight – Mindfulness First
To learn more about these nominees and their worthwhile causes, click here.
The MASK Unity Award was created to inform the community about these women, their passions and their causes. Since September, many votes have been cast for these empowering moms and their causes have been promoted through social media and in MASK The Magazine.
In early March, a panel of judges will convene to deliberate over the deserving nominees and their causes. At that time, the winner will be determined, as well as the second- and third-place recipients.
MASK will honor the women at the luncheon, where the 2015 Unity Award recipient will be announced.
The 2015 Unity Award recipient and her cause will be featured in the “Moms Making a Difference” editorial section of the 2015 summer issue of the award-winning MASK The Magazine. To purchase tickets to the Unity award Luncheon: Click here
The Scottsdale Independent is available for free every Wednesday.