Scottsdale Rotarians and their guests recently attended an installation dinner held at The Scottsdale McCormick where outgoing President Max Rumbaugh awarded certificates of appreciation to many Rotarians in recognition of their exemplary service to the club and the community of Scottsdale.
Mr. Rumbaugh presided over his last meeting as president of the Rotary Club of Scottsdale.
Attendees extended a resounding thank you to Mr. Rumbaugh for his gifts of time, talent and resources in leading the club since July 1, 2015. Representatives from Rotary International District 5510 were in attendance including: District Governor, Sherry Mischel; Assistant Governor Mike Maurer; and District Foundation Chair Jim Bissonett.
Mr. Rumbaugh formally installed Mary Blank as the 2016-17 club president. The annual installation of club presidents includes several longtime traditions including the exchange of club president pin, of the Club’s charter, of the scroll that was presented to Roland Feltman (club’s first president) and of the bronzed president’s shoe plaque.
This year, as in the past, the out-going president, Mr. Rumbaugh, was presented with of an encased hoop dancing Kachina — signifying the many “hoops” a club president experiences during his/her term.
Installation of the elected 2016-17 officers and Board of Directors was facilitated by Mary Blank. Scottsdale Mayor Jim Lane, an honorary Rotarian, was on-hand to congratulate incoming officers and thank each for their contributions to the community.
The Rotary Club of Scottsdale was chartered on Feb. 26, 1954. The club’s first meeting places were Lulu Belle, The Valley Ho Hotel and the Camelback Inn.
To learn more about the Rotary Club of Scottsdale, go to scottsdalerotary.org.
The Scottsdale Independent is available for free every Wednesday.