Three Scottsdale Community College students earned first-place awards and another picked up a second-place finish at the Arizona Collegiate DECA Fall Leadership Conference Nov. 12 at Grand Canyon University.
More than 90 DECA members from Arizona community colleges and universities competed in various business related categories. In addition to competing, students also attended workshops and networked with each other.
SCC DECA members who captured top finishes were:
- Accounting – Ryan Evans, 1st place
- Finance exam – Ryan Evans, 1st place
- Retail Management – Neil Advani, 1st place
- Restaurant & Food Service Management – Isaac Coronado, 1st place
- Restaurant & Food Service Management – Mark Cramer, 2nd place
The next major Collegiate DECA event will be the Arizona Career Development Conference at Arizona State University Feb. 25. Top finishers in the state competition move on to the nationals, which will be in Anaheim, Calif., in April.
The Scottsdale Independent is available for free every Wednesday.