The Scottsdale Area Chamber of Commerce will honor volunteer leaders who embody the spirit of volunteerism in Scottsdale during an awards breakfast on June 8, combined with the Chamber’s annual meeting.
This is the 15th year that the chamber has recognized the spirit of volunteerism in Scottsdale, according to a press release. The event will be presented by Wells Fargo Bank and the awards will be sponsored by Scottsdale Community College and Comerica Bank.
This annual event will be held at Western Spirit: Scottsdale’s Museum of the West, starting at 7:30 a.m., with breakfast and coffee provided by The Great Australian Bakery.
“The Chamber could not accomplish all the good things we do for Scottsdale’s business community without the help of our volunteers,” stated Mark Hiegel, president and CEO of the Scottsdale Chamber, in the press release. “We simply do not have enough staff to do the job, but with the assistance of our outstanding volunteers, we are able to make the great city of Scottsdale even greater. We couldn’t do it without them!”
The chamber has a volunteer core of over 200 individuals who contribute daily to the success and growth of not only the chamber, but also the city and its business community. Without their selfless dedication and drive, many programs offered by the chamber would suffer, as would the business climate in Scottsdale, the release stated
The 2016 honorees are:
- Legacy Award: Melinda Gulick – DMB Associates, Inc.
- The Legacy Award honors the long-term achievements of an individual who has impacted the success of the Scottsdale Area Chamber, and who has made a significant impact on the social and economic fabric of our community.
- Segner Award: Don Couvillion – ASU Foundation/Skysong
- The Segner Award celebrates the impact of an outstanding chamber member. Named after the chamber’s first board chairman, Wesley Segner, the Segner Award honors those who have followed in his footsteps through community trusteeship and leadership.
- Mark F. Eberle Rising Star Award: Doreen Reinke – Nationwide Insurance
- The Rising Star Award recognizes the accomplishments of promising new leaders whose volunteer spirit contributes to the success of the chamber and the community.
- Dale B. Fingersh Volunteer of the Year: Renee Wittrock – College Prep Mastery, LLC
- Recognizes an individual of outstanding character who has acted as a steward for the chamber.
The Scottsdale Area Chamber of Commerce is the largest business organization in Scottsdale providing advocacy, education, networking, leadership and exposure opportunities to our member businesses. The chamber actively works to maintain Scottsdale’s high quality of life and create an environment where business innovation, excellence and entrepreneurship can thrive.
For more information visit www.scottsdalechamber.com or call 480-355-2700.
The Scottsdale Independent is available for free every Wednesday.