Scottsdale Leadership is announcing the members of its 31st Core Program Class.
After being selected from a record-breaking number of applicants, 50 leaders will take a nine-month journey immersed in leadership training, civic engagement and community organization. Participants are challenged to explore current issues first-hand, while experiencing the heart of Scottsdale and what makes it a great place to live, work and visit, according to a press release.
“Scottsdale Leadership received a record number of applicants for Class 31 — we saw a 20 percent increase in those interested in becoming part of our leadership legacy,” said Upward Projects President Wyatt Bailey in a prepared statement. “Our board of directors and alumni volunteers have worked tirelessly to build on the foundation of Scottsdale Leadership.”
The program creates contextual and experiential awareness by providing insight and lectures from a variety of local and statewide subject-matter experts focused on complex community and municipal issues.
This year’s candidates were drawn from a diverse and inclusive group of professionals from both private and public sectors. Each graduating class of Scottsdale Leadership leaves an immediate positive impact on the Scottsdale community through its Lead It Forward volunteer-based projects. Civil Discourse is taught as an inherent principle, advancing public interest and creating a safe environment in which different points of view can be expressed and evaluated.
“Class 31 will follow in the footsteps of 1,049 Scottsdale Leadership alumni who have gone on to make significant contributions in the Greater Scottsdale Area and across our state,” said Scottsdale Leadership Executive Director Margaret Leichtfuss.
“Program participants are led to a lifetime of sustained partnerships and connections. The core program provides candidates with a strong, intimate knowledge of government affairs, community leadership and volunteerism.”
Scottsdale Leadership is pleased to introduce Class 31:
- Robert Adler, Associate Broker, Arizona Best Real Estate
- Wendy Armendariz, Chief Executive Officer, Neighborhood Outreach Access to Health
- Nicole Beale, Political Involvement Coordinator, SRP
- Darryl Bergstrom, Technical Duty Officer, PayPal Inc.
- LaTonya Bibbie, Operations Manager, Nationwide Insurance Company
- Timothy Brashaw, Chief Executive Officer, American Pre-Arrangement Services, Inc.
- Brian Brookman, Leader, Business Systems, Arizona Public Service
- Rich Campana, Operations Manager of Co-Curricular Programs, Great Hearts Academies
- Kristin Cox, P&C Regulatory Compliance Director, Nationwide Insurance
- Alleson Dunaway, Destination Services Manager, Scottsdale Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Garrett Durkin, Vice President, FBC, Insurance, Benefits & Consulting, Inc.
- Elizabeth Foglesong, Owner, Leadership Development, Bold Moves LLC
- Nilson Fuzita, Senior Consultant, Seal Consulting Inc.
- Diva Galan, Attorney
- Kristine Gayan, Corporate Mortgage Banker, Bank of Arizona
- Christine Haas, Director of Event Services and Event Marketing, Noah Webster Schools
- Mark Hiegel, President & CEO, Scottsdale Area Chamber of Commerce
- Renee Higgs, Regional Marketing Manager, Mayo Clinic
- Brent Hodges, Superintendent, Scottsdale Christian Academy
- Tiffany House, Vice President, MasterTech Financial Advisors
- Nancy Howe, Founder, Strong Cancer Recovery
- Lisa Hurst, President & CEO, Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale
- Elizabeth Illg, Owner and CEO, Puff and Fluff Spa and Pet Grooming
- Damaris Jensen, Sales Executive, Slalom Consulting
- Bret Krosschell, Vice President Commercial Lending, Johnson Bank
- Anne Landers, Director of Marketing and Communications, Junior Achievement of Arizona
- Sheri Lemmond, Manager – Global Accounts, HelmsBriscoe
- Kathleen MacDonald, Special Assistant to the Director/CEO, Scottsdale’s Museum of the West
- Michael Marti, Account Director, Sitewire
- Daniel McCrobie, Customer Experience Analyst, SRP
- Jennifer McGirr, VP Executive Banker, National Bank of Arizona
- Robert Milner, Market Team Leader, American Textile Recycling Service
- Nancy Neff, Executive Director- Institutional Advancement & Community Engagement, Scottsdale Community College
- Sean O’Hara, Associate, Kerscmar & Feltus, PLLC
- Kelly Patton, Senior Economic Development Consultant, Statewide Programs, APS
- Daniel Peden, Territory Manager, Olympus Medical
- Daniel Raimer, Project Manager, Ryan Companies
- Christopher Sadvary, Marketing Director, Healthcare Services Platform Consortium
- Maren Sater, Director-Staff Underwriting, Nationwide William Scarbrough, Senior Project Manager, Land Development Consultants
- David Simmons, Appointed LGBT Liaison/Dev Rep 2, City of Scottsdale
- Antoine Skinner, Branch Manager, US Bank
- Brad Slager, Senior Loan Officer, Security National Mortgage Company
- Richard Slavin, Commander, Scottsdale Police Department
- Hayley Monteferrante, Banking Officer, FirstBank
- Kathleen Wade, Library Director, Scottsdale Public Library
- Teresa Wales, Managing Partner, The Doyle Firm, P.C.
- Holly Walter, Public Information Officer, City of Scottsdale
- Michelle Warren, Vice President, Operations and COO, National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Linda Zell, Executive Director, Jewish Tuition Organization
The Scottsdale Independent is available for free every Wednesday.