Mayors are nearly always cheerleaders for their cities but I take it a step further because I truly believe Scottsdale is the best city in America. After all, where else can you find the combination of arts, recreation, restaurants, neighborhoods, people and rising property values?
Being Mayor also allows you to gain some additional insight into this amazing community of ours. Here are some of the things and places that define #ScottsdaleAtItsBest. Let me know what you think.
- The noise of so many families at the Ice Den. The same on a beautiful spring day in Eldorado Park.
- One of southern Scottsdale’s coolest new businesses: McFate Brewing Company.
- Dinner at Don & Charlie’s then ice cream at the Sugar Bowl.
- The ingenuity and desert preservation of the neighborhoods in DC Ranch.
- The noble missions of Vista del Camino and Operation Fix It.
- Three of the world’s biggest special events: Barrett-Jackson, Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show and the Waste Management Phoenix Open.
- The Cactus Corridor and its many equestrian homes
- The magnificence of Desert Mountain
- The creative entrepreneurs in our downtown entertaining people at places like Whiskey Row, Bottled Blonde, Dakota, Montauk and Salty Senorita.
- Locally-owned coffee shops like Echo helping to revitalize some of our southern neighborhoods.
- Our amazing healthcare networks like Honor Health and Mayo that get too little credit for what they do for every resident’s quality of life.
- The police, fire and ambulance personnel that keep our public safety at impressive levels despite the large number of tourists in our community.
- Tom’s Thumb trailhead in our spectacular McDowell Sonoran Preserve.
- Low property taxes.
- Enjoying our city from north to south on the Indian Bend Wash.
- Cactus League Opening Day at Scottsdale Stadium.
- The sound of Little Leagues, Pop Warners and soccer leagues competing on Saturday mornings at our amazing parks.
- Arts facilities that enrich our souls and quality of life.
- Amazing golf courses from Desert Mountain to Bob Parsons’ incredible upgrade of Scottsdale National to the affordable Coronado Golf Course.
What do you think? I look forward to hearing your thoughts. You can email me at mayor.lane4Scottsdale2016@gmail.com. And let me finish by thanking you for the honor of serving as your Mayor.